What You'll Study in Your Fashion Design Course
Learn about the classes you'll get to take take in fashion design college.
Aspiring fashion designers can look forward to their share of excitement in their chosen field; however, there are many technical aspects of a fashion design job as well.
In fashion design college, you will hone your technical abilities and your knowledge of the industry. You will likely take classes that cover the following topics:
- Art and fashion history
- Collection and concept development
- Color and design theory
- Computer aided fashion design
- Costume design
- Fashion merchandising
- Fashion sketching
- Pattern making
- Portfolio preparation
- Principles of design
- Professional practices
- Sewing and garment construction
- Studio courses
If these sound like a challenge you'd like to accept, start your research for the right fashion design course program in your area.
Fashion Design Resources
- Job Description
- Choosing a School
- Prepare for Fashion Design School
- What You'll Study
- Career Tips
- Art Institute Graduate Interview
- Interview: Fashion Designer
- Top 10 Fashion School: Should You Attend?
- Degrees Online