What You'll Learn in Photography Courses
Learn about classes and training you may encounter in school.
Learn What Topics You'll Cover in School
Before enrolling in a school, it's a good idea to find out what they'll cover in their photography courses. No two schools are exactly the same, so photography courses will vary depending on which school you choose.
The classes you'll take will also depend on which photography training specialty you choose, and offer specializations such as these:
- Commercial photography
- Digital photography
- Portraiture and others
- Black and white photography
- Color imaging
- Medium format and large format
Good photography courses should also provide the training that will help you feel comfortable with the following:
- Combining conceptual elements with technical elements
- Arranging and understanding composition
- Using digital editing technology
- Setting up lighting
- Putting together a photography portfolio
- Using software and technology like Photoshop
- Understanding terminology
- Using different cameras, films and equipment
Photographer Career Guide
- Job Description
- Reasons to Attend Photography Schools
- Choosing a Degree
- Photography Courses: What You'll Study
- Should You Go to an Online School?
- How Far Should You Take Your Education?
- Portfolio Tips
- Photographer Profile