Digital Photography: The New Standard
Digital photography school may be right for you if you can keep up with industry changes.
Even casual observers know that digital photography has taken the world by storm and is now the standard by which almost all professional photographers capture images. The advantages of digital photography over film are staggering.
Gone are the days of paying for expensive film cameras, various types of film for different situations and professional film processing. One of the biggest drawbacks of film? No instant gratification of knowing what your images look like.
Digital photography has made photography affordable and accessible to everyone. Most cell phones have quality cameras and editing software built in. As a result, anyone can now take quality pictures, touch them up and share them online.
Setting Yourself Apart From the Competition
The greater accessibility that digital photography offers also makes professional photography even more competitive. It requires serious photographers to become better educated and learn ways to set themselves apart.
To be more attractive to employers, aspiring professional photographers should be able to do the following:
- Identify a target audience and define a unique photography style.
- Stay on top of growing technological advances and trends. Digital photographic equipment improves at a fast pace, requiring photographers to keep up with the newest advancements.
- Know the different software used for advanced processing.
- Market themselves effectively.
Photographs have always been used to convey messages, highlight products, document special events and capture images of loved ones. There will always be a need for professional photographers, especially those who have the necessary technical knowledge and artistry to distinguish themselves in this competitive field.
Photography Degree & Career Guide
- A Pro Talks About His Photography Training
- Digital Photography: The New Standard
- Fashion Photography Schools and Jobs
- Five Photography Careers That Pay the Bills
- Get in Focus at Photography School
- Outlook for Photography Jobs
- Photography School and Career Guide
- Six Reasons to Attend Photography School
- Specialize Your Photography Training and Career
- Tips for Starting a Photography Business
- Top Five Photography Portfolio Tips
- What to Ask Before Deciding on a Photography School